The HLAA 2023 Convention registration is OPEN!
Join us in New Orleans June 29 – July 1 to learn the latest about hearing health, communication access and the technologies and strategies that help people with hearing loss live well. This three-day event includes the general session with keynote speaker Dr. K. Renee Horton, the Research Symposium, Joy of Music/Loving Your Ears, and a variety of educational workshops.
» Read more
The HLAA 2022 Convention is back in person and is now open for registration! The convention will be held in Tampa Florida, June 23-25 at the beautiful JW Marriott Tampa Water Street hotel.
As you may know, the last two conventions have been virtual so there is a lot of anticipation and excitement to finally meet in person. Please note that your safety and wellbeing are of the utmost importance so all Covid and vaccination protocols will be followed. You can learn more on the convention page link above.
Additionally, this three-day event includes a research symposium on cochlear implants and a variety of educational workshops, programs and events.
Hope to see you there!
The annual Hearing Loss Association of America (HLAA) convention is now open for registration. Join us June 24-26 to learn the latest about hearing health, communication access and the technologies and strategies that help people with hearing loss live well. This three-day event includes a research symposium on Hearing Care for All, and robust workshops on advances in hearing aids, accessibility through mobile devices, hearing access in the workplace and more.
For more information and an overview of the convention can be found here. Make sure to continue to check as more updates will be forthcoming!
Register for Convention
Experience HLAA! starts June 18 – 9 a.m. PT!
We are excited to bring you highlights from HLAA2020 Convention in a new online format. We want to make access to this virtual event as easy as possible by providing you these helpful instructions:
- Experience HLAA! will be broadcast on a virtual platform called Big Marker. It is highly encouraged that you use a desktop/laptop and Google Chrome when watching each event.
- If you haven’t done so already please visit the Experience HLAA! website and click on the Register Now button. Register once and you will receive full access to all webinars and the 2020 Research Symposium: The Latest on Tinnitus Research.
- Once you register you will get a confirmation email with a link granting you access to both days of the event (June 18-19).
- If you don’t receive your confirmation email automatically after you register, please either wait another hour or check your spam folder.
- The Experience HLAA! access link in the confirmation email is customized for you; please don’t share with another participant. They must register on their own.
- On Thursday, June 18 at 12 p.m. (ET), all you have to do is click the link in your confirmation email or the View Webinar button on the Experience HLAA! website and you are in the event!
- Make sure to check out our Technology Expo page. This is your chance to visit the exhibitors you will miss at HLAA2020 Convention.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you encounter issues during registration or have questions about the event.
Rehabilitation – What should you be doing? as shared by Heather.
Recapping the National Convention from Minneapolis ~
Meeting transcript can be found here.
HLAA-LA was one of the largest groups in attendance.
At the awards ceremony, Lisa Yuan received the Spirit of HLAA, a top honor. Tim Browning accepted for the best chapter website (and was asked to make websites for other chapters!)
Today’s meeting covered a taste of information gathered at workshops.
» Read more
Hi-ho, hi-ho, it’s off to the July HLAA-LA meeting we go!
Join us for this informational meeting, where attendees at last month’s national convention in Minneapolis will share their experiences. Heather, Tim, Jen and Teri will each discuss a pair of topics, from healthcare, to advocacy to tech apps and more.
After the break – don’t forget to feed the kitty jar! – we’ll get introductions from first time attendees, WOW Awards, a call for volunteers at the upcoming CAA convention, and an overview of our calendar of events for the rest of 2018.
As always, consider bringing a snack to share. And if the heat is making your brain a bit fuzzy, check out the ‘chapter meetings’ tab here for the address and parking instructions.
Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday!
For One Week Only…
Surprise! Register between TODAY, Friday, May 4 and Friday, May 11 to receive discounted registration rates to the HLAA2018 Convention. Yup, you read that right! You still have a chance to attend the most communication-accessible event in a gorgeous city at a discounted rate – take advantage while you can!
» Read more
Notes from HLAA-LA Feb 24, 2018 Chapter Meeting
(Meeting transcripts can be found here)
WOW awards to Teri Brier, for arranging the March guest speaker (Gary Dorf of Oticon, who will discuss cognition and hearing loss) and Tim Browning, for winning National’s “Best Chapter Website” award (to be presented at the convention)
Walk4Hearing coming up on June 9; more details to follow, including volunteer opportunities. One is a carpool organizer to get to Long Beach.
» Read more