Date: Saturday, December 12, 2020
Time: 4 p.m. ET, 3 p.m. CT, 2 p.m. MT, 1 p.m. PT
The Hearing Loss Association of America (HLAA) in collaboration with the HLAA California State Association are inviting you to join everyone for a fun and festive open house. Wear your favorite holiday sweater or hat. Find a holiday virtual background. Play the Holiday Snap game! How observant are you? Join us in the fun! Share the holiday spirit by supporting each other with smiles and good wishes.
Questions? Feel free to email at email@example.com.
The Hearing Loss Association of America (HLAA) National Office has ongoing information and updates to help those dealing with hearing loss to successfully navigate the trying times we are under with COVID-19. Please follow this link to the HLAA site as a starting point to help you through this.
Remember, make sure to let your family, friends, and neighbors know what help you need and make sure to ask for it. There are many online resources to also help request for help.
The Hearing Loss Association of America (HLAA) has many recordings covering a wide array of subjects on their website for your review. With the pandemic having a lasting impact on our lives, it’s more important than ever we stay connected and informed. Check out the various recordings below.
The first HLAA Spanish Webinar is available for playback along with our other recordings shown below:
Presented by: HLAA California State Association
Speaker: Katie Wright, President, HLAA California State Association
Date: Saturday, October 10, 2020
Time: 4 p.m. ET, 3 p.m. CT, 2 p.m. MT, 1 p.m. PT
Please join us for a free and captioned presentation on why voting matters to help you gather the information you need to safely and successfully make your vote count! The presentation will address answers to common questions such as:
- Why should I vote?
- Am I registered?
- What are my local issues?
- How do I safely vote this year?
- How do I handle my hearing loss at the polling place?
Important Note: This will be a nonpartisan meeting. Politics or platforms will not be discussed. We are a 501c3 organization and are prohibited from endorsing, lobbying, or supporting political campaigns.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Helpful Hints and Tutorials
- Zoom concerns have been addressed and procedures will be modified as Zoom continues to update their software. The main security issue was with open meetings. When you register, it creates a unique link for a password protected session.
- Use a computer. If possible, attend the meeting on a computer rather than via a smart phone or iPad. This will give you the best layout to view the captions as well as other meeting features.
- Captions. Meetings are captioned. How to See Closed Captions in ZOOM
- Check your time zone. This meeting will take place live at 4 p.m. ET, 3 p.m. CT, 2 p.m. MT and 1 p.m. PT. If you are in a different time zone, please adjust the time so you do not miss the meeting.
- Questions? Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t forget to support our friends in San Diego for their virtual Walk4Hearing is this Saturday. Show your support by submitting your RSVP now. Festivities normally run for almost an hour. Singer/songwriter Mandy Harvey will be on hand as well!
San Diego Walk4Hearing Virtual Walk Day
Saturday, October 10
Sign on begins 9:45 a.m. PT Online program starts 10:00 a.m PT
Closed captioning and an ASL interpreter are available for this Walk4Hearing celebration.
Experience HLAA! starts June 18 – 9 a.m. PT!
We are excited to bring you highlights from HLAA2020 Convention in a new online format. We want to make access to this virtual event as easy as possible by providing you these helpful instructions:
- Experience HLAA! will be broadcast on a virtual platform called Big Marker. It is highly encouraged that you use a desktop/laptop and Google Chrome when watching each event.
- If you haven’t done so already please visit the Experience HLAA! website and click on the Register Now button. Register once and you will receive full access to all webinars and the 2020 Research Symposium: The Latest on Tinnitus Research.
- Once you register you will get a confirmation email with a link granting you access to both days of the event (June 18-19).
- If you don’t receive your confirmation email automatically after you register, please either wait another hour or check your spam folder.
- The Experience HLAA! access link in the confirmation email is customized for you; please don’t share with another participant. They must register on their own.
- On Thursday, June 18 at 12 p.m. (ET), all you have to do is click the link in your confirmation email or the View Webinar button on the Experience HLAA! website and you are in the event!
- Make sure to check out our Technology Expo page. This is your chance to visit the exhibitors you will miss at HLAA2020 Convention.
Please email email@example.com if you encounter issues during registration or have questions about the event.
It may seem a long ways away, but it will soon be June which is the month the annual HLAA Convention is held. This year it will be in the magical city of New Orleans from June 18-21. Early bird registration is now open until March 2 so if you are planning on attending, now might be a good time to take action (further information below).
» Read more