Walk4Hearing – Coming June 11!
The HLAA Walk4Hearing began in 2006 with just 6 walks and a dream of raising awareness for the hearing loss community. Ten years later, 22 walks around the country have made HLAA’s Walk4Hearing one of the largest fundraising events for people with hearing loss. Besides funds, the walks bring much-needed visibility to an often invisible condition. Please join other Southern Californians as we walk for the common goal of raising funds and awareness to the hearing loss community.
How to Register
- Click the link below which will start your registration process to join “L A Stars” (our Chapter Walk4Hearing team).
Register for LA Stars
- If you are new, click the “Register as a New Walker” green button. If you have walked before, you probably have a user name and password. If you forgot it, put in your email to have your previous registration information sent to you.
- After you log in, the next page will allow you to search for our team. Type in “L A Stars” (there’s a space between LA) and click the search button on the right. The team name will appear to select.
- Click “join”.
- You will be a walker so click “Next Step”.
- Fill in your registration information. To ensure the LA Chapter is allocated the donations you make, make sure to select “Los Angeles Chapter” in question #2 under “Additional Information”.
- Click “Next Step” to go to the waiver page. Select the “I Agree…” checkbox and click “Next Step”.
- On the next page, you may add additional family members or click “Complete Registration”.
- That’s it! From here, access “Your Walk Center” to learn how to notify others to donate to this worthy cause!
Long Beach Walk4Hearing Details
When: Saturday, June 11, 2016
9am – Registration/Check-in
10am – Walk begins
Where: Long Beach Marina, Marina Green Park, 386 Shoreline Dr.,
Long Beach, CA 90802 (Click here for map).
Distance: 5K (3.1 miles)