Get Involved With Walk4Hearing and Make a Difference
The annual fundraising Long Beach Walk4Hearing is coming up on Sunday, June 11. Helpful information is below on how to join our “LA Stars” team, if you haven’t already, and start raising funds! All funds raised will support and provide resources for our chapter and HLAA to outreach to the people in need.
For questions about the Walk, please reach out to Walk4Hearing Senior Manager, Ronnie Adler, at email@example.com.
- Sunday, June 11
- Registration 9 a.m.
- Stage Presentation: 10:30 a.m.
- 5K Walk Starts: 10:45 a.m.
200 Aquarium Way
Long Beach, CA
More General Info:
- Raise funds for our chapter & HLAA national programs
- Create awareness about hearing loss and how we can help each other
- It’s a great time in a great location!
How to Join the HLAA-LA Stars
- Go to our team’s home page
- Click the “Register to Join a Team” green button.
- Log in (or register as a new user).
- Go through the quick sign-up process.
NOTE – When selecting a non-profit for donations to go toward, make sure to select the LA Chapter (step #2). Also, if searching for our team, make sure to search by “L.A.Stars”.
- Have fun raising money for this worthy cause supporting the hearing loss community!
- “My Walk Center” will be your one-stop shop to reach out to your family and friends to ask for their support.
- Note: Make sure to use the Facebook Fundraiser (bottom of the “My Walk Center” page. This will post to your Facebook page and make fundraising easy!
Asking for Donations
- Note: You can do everything through “My Walk Center” page.
- Ask as many people as you can for a donation. The numbers will eventually add up. Personalize Your WALK page. Write briefly about why you’re walking, what HLAA means to you, and how others can support you.
- Use your “My Walk Center” to create your emails and contact list to connect with your family and friends.
- Use your Facebook Fundraiser from your Walk Center page to easily reach people and get donations faster!
- For those not on email or the internet, print out a pledge sheet to get cash/check donations from them in person or by mail.
- Resend your message every two weeks. The last month, before WALK, send every week.
- Send a personalized thank you note to each donor!
Three Ways to Make Donations
- HLAA-LA Stars Walk4Hearing page, or on your personal Walk4Hearing page·
- Check – Payable to Walk4Hearing; write LA Stars in memo line·
- Cash – needs to be converted to check· Funds can be turned in on walk day; be sure to print a pledge sheet listing donor names, dollar amounts, totals and your name, team and chapter.
Promote This Event!
- Tell people you know.
- Ask your favorite restaurant or retail store if a sign can be put in the window.
- Call, send emails, post online (e.g., NextDoor, Meetup), or send snail mail.
- Registration, giving out t-shirts, hat sales, Keeping an eye on raffle & snack booths, HLAA table, set up & take down.
- Sign up today!!
Sponsors / Raffles
- If you know any companies who might sponsor the Walk or offer raffle prizes, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
One Last Note
This event is really fun and rewarding. Members and their family/friends come out to beautiful Shoreline Park in Long Beach where…
|We walk along the ocean.
We become better acquainted.
We get some exercise.
We eat bagels and other goodies.
We take pictures.
|We root for each other.
We show others who we are.
We raise funds.
We raise awareness.
After all of that, we go out for margaritas, to celebrate!!
That is who the LA Stars are!