How to Succeed at the Walk4Hearing
The annual fundraising Long Beach Walk4Hearing is coming up very soon! Here, you can learn how to join our team, the HLAA-LA Stars, and how to succeed in raising funds for our chapter and national organization.
- Saturday, June 8
- Registration 9am
- 5K Walk 10am (following speeches)
Marina Green Park – Harbor Village
386 E Shoreline Dr, Long Beach
Between Shoreline Village Dr & Linden Ave
More General Info:
- Raise funds for chapter & national programs
- Create awareness about hearing loss
How to Join the HLAA-LA Stars
- Go to our team’s home page (or click the Walk4Hearing ad on the right side of the page)
- Click the “Join Team” button and follow the steps (team name is LA Stars)
Asking for Donations
- Ask as many people as you can for a donation. The numbers will eventually add up. Personalize Your WALK page. Write briefly about why you’re walking, what HLAA means to you, and how others can support you
- Email a link to your WALK page, from your personal email account to your family & friends (this is easier than emailing from the WALK page). If link is too complicated, send email with the message and steps to the WALK page.
- Put the same message on your Facebook and other social media pages.
- Print out a pledge sheet to get cash/check donations.
- Resend message every two weeks. The last month, before WALK, send every week.
- Send a personalized thank you note to each donor!
Three Ways to Make Donations
- HLAA-LA Stars Walk4Hearing page, or on your personal Walk4Hearing page·
- Check – Payable to Walk4Hearing; write HLAA-LA Stars in memo line·
- Cash – needs to be converted to check· Funds can be turned in on walk day; be sure to print a pledge sheet listing donor names, dollar amounts, totals and your name, team and chapter.
Promote This Event!
- Tell people you know.
- Ask your favorite restaurant if a sign can be put in window
(add team contact, email@example.com)
- Call, send emails, post online, send snail mail (a` la Grace)
- Registration, giving out t-shirts, hat sales, Keeping an eye on raffle & snack booths, HLAA table, set up & take down.
- Sign up today!!
Sponsors / Raffles
- If you know any companies who might sponsor the Walk or offer raffle prizes, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
One Last Note
This event is really fun and rewarding. Members and their family/friends come out to beautiful Marina Green Park in Long Beach where
|We walk along the ocean.
We become better acquainted.
We get some exercise.
We eat bagels and other goodies.
We take pictures.
|We root for each other.
We show others who we are.
We raise funds.
We raise awareness.
After all of that, we go out for margaritas, to celebrate!!
That is who the LA Stars are!