HLAA National Virtual Meeting – July 11!
Friendly reminder HLAA National will be holding their bi-monthly virtual meeting this Saturday, July 11 at 11 a.m. PT.
Topic: Technologies you need to know and use now!
Holly Cohen, Hearing Health Advocate
Shari Eberts, HLAA Board Vice Chair
Roxana Rotundo, HLAA Board Member
Please join a captioned virtual get together focusing on hearing technologies for the hearing loss community. Come ready to socially connect while we are physically distant. See how much fun we had last time. The captioned Zoom meeting will include a presentation from our speakers plus ample time for questions and conversation.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Helpful Hints and Tutorials
- Zoom concerns have been addressed and procedures will be modified as Zoom continues to update their software. The main security issue was with open meetings. When you register, it creates a unique link for a password protected session.
- Use a computer. If possible, attend the meeting on a computer rather than via a smart phone or iPad. This will give you the best layout to view the captions as well as other meeting features.
- Captions. Meetings are captioned. How to See Closed Captions in ZOOM
- Check your time zone. This meeting will take place live at 2 p.m. ET, 1 p.m. CT, 12 p.m. MT and 11 a.m. PT. If you are in a different time zone, please adjust the time so you do not miss the meeting.
- Questions? Feel free to email us at VirtualMeetings@hearingloss.org.