HLAA Virtual Meeting: Voting Matters!
Presented by: HLAA California State Association
Speaker: Katie Wright, President, HLAA California State Association
Date: Saturday, October 10, 2020
Time: 4 p.m. ET, 3 p.m. CT, 2 p.m. MT, 1 p.m. PT
Please join us for a free and captioned presentation on why voting matters to help you gather the information you need to safely and successfully make your vote count! The presentation will address answers to common questions such as:
- Why should I vote?
- Am I registered?
- What are my local issues?
- How do I safely vote this year?
- How do I handle my hearing loss at the polling place?
Important Note: This will be a nonpartisan meeting. Politics or platforms will not be discussed. We are a 501c3 organization and are prohibited from endorsing, lobbying, or supporting political campaigns.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Helpful Hints and Tutorials
- Zoom concerns have been addressed and procedures will be modified as Zoom continues to update their software. The main security issue was with open meetings. When you register, it creates a unique link for a password protected session.
- Use a computer. If possible, attend the meeting on a computer rather than via a smart phone or iPad. This will give you the best layout to view the captions as well as other meeting features.
- Captions. Meetings are captioned. How to See Closed Captions in ZOOM
- Check your time zone. This meeting will take place live at 4 p.m. ET, 3 p.m. CT, 2 p.m. MT and 1 p.m. PT. If you are in a different time zone, please adjust the time so you do not miss the meeting.
- Questions? Feel free to email us at webinars@hearingloss.