Our March 25th Chapter Meeting – Steering Committee Elections, PLUS Law Enforcement and Hearing Loss!
We have a real treat for our March chapter meeting: special guest speaker Sgt. Dan Widman, 23-year veteran of the LAPD, currently the Field Operations Supervisor, North Hollywood Division, AND the son of our very own President Pat Widman! Sgt. Widman will speak to us about a very important topic: how to interact with Law Enforcement when you have a hearing loss.
And, it is finally time for our annual Steering Committee (SC) elections! If you would like to get more involved with our chapter and its future, please consider running. Please note that you must be an HLAA National member in order to join the SC. Voting will take place at the meeting and results will be announced by end of meeting. Only HLAA National members can vote. (All current and newly elected SC members will be expected to stay after the chapter meeting for an SC meeting.)
A reminder! We now meet in the East Room of the Wingate Building at the Huntington Memorial Hospital, 100 W. California Ave, Pasadena.
Click here for a map and follow these directions to help you get to the East Room:
1. Enter Huntington Hospital on Fairmont Ave from W. California Blvd. or Bellefontaine St. or on Congress St. from S. Fair Oaks Ave.
2. Follow signs to the East Parking Structure, where you will park.
3. Take your parking ticket with you.
4. Walk across the street. Do not take the bridge.
5. Look for our 8.5”x11” yellow signs to direct you to the entrance of the Wingate Building. Sign in with the receptionist to receive your I.D. badge.
6. Proceed to the East Room on the first floor, the same floor as the reception desk.
PLEASE NOTE: If you cannot or do not wish to walk up or down steps, here are two alternate routes to get to the entrance of the Wingate Building:
1. Use the valet parking at the main entrance of the hospital on California Blvd. Walk through the main hospital building, down the ADA accessible ramp into the courtyard, and enter the Wingate Building.
2. Park in the East Parking Structure. Walk across the street and enter the emergency room doors to your right at the bottom of the stairs. Take the elevator to the 2nd floor, which will let you off near the hospital’s main entrance. Take the ADA accessible ramp into the courtyard, and enter the Wingate Building.
As always, the meeting will be looped and captioned.
When: 10 am-12 noon, February 25, 2017. Doors open at 9:30 am.
Where: Huntington Memorial Hospital, East Room, Wingate Building, Pasadena, CA 91105.