Celebrate 25 Years of the ADA at Our April 25 Potluck/Party/ Meeting!
I’m starting to advertise the next meeting early because it is VERY special!
1) First we have an amazing speaker in Richard Ray, he is ADA Compliance Coordinator for the City of LA.
He will give us an update on the ADA and how it applies to us. Richard Ray has been with the City of Los Angeles Department on Disability for over 25 years in the creation of access to all City departments and L.A. County compliance with the ADA. He is co-Chair of the Accessibility Committee for the National Emergency Number Association (NENA) actively involved in such projects as Text Messaging to 9-1-1 & Next Generation 9-1-1. Richard is a member of the California Commission on Disability Access, and was also recently appointed to the FCC Disability Advisory Committee.
2) We will also be having a potluck so come hungry! Please bring something to have and to share for a brunch/lunch. If you’d like to let us know what you are bringing, please post here. I will keep a list, but feel free to wing it and surprise us! I will kick things off by saying that I will bring Chicken Firecracker Appetizers and salsa.
3) Also, let us eat cake! YUM! The Steering Committee is providing one, as well as our usual coffee, juice and waters.
- Please consider inviting someone new to the meeting OR reaching out to an existing member who has been away for a while. Also, remember that your loved ones are always welcome.
- We appreciate your help in keeping the Hear Center in pristine condition. We are welcome in the kitchen area, conference room and bathrooms. The rest of the building needs to be kept clear. All help setting up in the morning and/or cleaning up after the meeting will be greatly appreciated.
As always, we meet at the Hear Center, 301 E. Del Mar Blvd. Pasadena, CA 91101. Please use the side door towards the back of the parking lot.
If you have any questions, just post here. I will keep posting reminders. Let’s get ready to parteeeeeeee!
Best, Alicia VP .